- October 2011
- September 2011
- May 2011
- March 2011
- January 2011
- December 2010
- November 2010
- October 2010
- September 2010
- August 2010
- July 2010
- June 2010
- May 2010
- April 2010
- March 2010
- February 2010
- January 2010
- December 2009
- November 2009
- October 2009
- September 2009
- August 2009
- July 2009
- June 2009
- May 2009
- April 2009
- March 2009
- February 2009
- January 2009
- December 2008
- November 2008
- October 2008
- September 2008
- August 2008
- July 2008
- June 2008
- May 2008
- April 2008
- February 2008
- January 2008
Soon it’s time for the main event for the day, Apple’s iPhone press conference where they hopefully will unveil the new iPhone 5. Apple Store is currently closed but it will open up (with new goods!) in a couple of hours!
Today Apple confirmed that they are hosting an iPhone event in San Francisco on October 4. Most probably they will unveil the iPhone 5 and perhaps the rumoured cheaper iPhone 4 model.
Apple Issues Invitations for October 4th iPhone Media Event [macrumors.com]
Apple has just launched movie rentals in the Swedish version of iTunes. Many Swedes have been using American accounts for a long time to be able to buy and rent movies, but now we have finally got this feature launched in Sweden as well. Perhaps other countries got this tonight as well?
Apparently there’s something big going on this weekend in all the Apple stores. According to recent post over at Cult of Mac the following info is available:
“There’s an overnight shift planned for around 10-15 individuals at each Apple Store to work from late Saturday all the way through mid-Sunday.”
• “During the overnight shift, it’s going to be required that employees lock cell phones in the main office. They will also have to sign an NDA with Apple.”
• “There are a wide variety of roles, we’re told, for the overnight shift. This includes all visuals staff, a manager, a business team member, a few Genius team members, one back-of-house employee, and a few generic Apple specialists.”
• “Apple stores have apparently already received hardware to install, and are expecting more hardware to come on Friday or Saturday. All materials that Apple stores have received have been instructed to be under lock and key until after close on Saturday night.”
• “Apple employees will be putting up black curtains at all stores so that people walking outside cannot see inside.”
• “Employees have had to download gigabytes of data from Apple corporate labeled, “training” in a password-protected zipped folder that won’t accessible to managers or anyone else until Saturday afternoon.”
• “Lastly, all Apple retail stores have mandatory meetings on Sunday, May 22nd. Most meeting are scheduled for the morning, but there are evening meetings as well.”
Pretty interesting, don’t you think?
Go update your iP*s – if you have an iPhone 4 you can now create a local WiFi hotspot, very nice!
Finally, the day we have been waiting for. Today Apple unveiled the brand new iPad 2 and it’s a really cool machine featuring a dual-core A5 processors, two cameras. It’s also thinner and lighter and still delivers up to 10 hours of battery life. All info inside.
MacRumors has published some ‘evidence’ that the iPad 2 most likely will feature a resolution of 2048×1536. And if they ramp up the amount of pixels they have to put in some more horse powers – so that the iPad 2 will feature the much more powerful A5 chip is probably a safe bet as well. Earlier reports also reveals that the iPad 2 will feature a camera as well. The original iPad was presented on the 27th of January 2010 and Apple usually present new models in yearly cycles so expect an iPad 2 reveal pretty soon.
The following email was sent to all of the Apple staff today:
At my request, the board of directors has granted me a medical leave of absence so I can focus on my health. I will continue as CEO and be involved in major strategic decisions for the company.
I have asked Tim Cook to be responsible for all of Apple’s day to day operations. I have great confidence that Tim and the rest of the executive management team will do a terrific job executing the exciting plans we have in place for 2011.
I love Apple so much and hope to be back as soon as I can. In the meantime, my family and I would deeply appreciate respect for our privacy.
Hopefully Steve will be healthy and strong very soon.
AnyBizSoft have a famous PDF editor for PC that now finally has been released as a Mac Beta version. You can get yourself a free keycode at their site and try it out!
LittleFin Software used to sell 6-7 copies a day of their ‘Compartments‘ software, but when they got picked up on the front page, featured as a ‘Staff pick’, the sales went through the roof. On the launch day of Mac App Store they sold 1 547 copies and keeping a quite high tempo even after the launch buzz. Others have been reporting about Sky rocketing sales figures as well