Handbrake is the most common video conversion software for Mac computers and it’s been a while since it last got updated – but now, there’s a new version available for download. I use it mainly to be able to convert my DVDs for my iPad/iPhone, but you can of course do all kinds of video conversions with this excellent free software. (For some reason the automatic software update can’t find it yet, so you need to get it from the official download site). Check out all info about the new release inside.
HandBrake 0.9.5 has now been released.
* BluRay disc structure support. (No decryption support)
* Updated Libraries (x264, ffmpeg)
* SSA Subtitle support. (Including burn-in)
* MP3 audio now supported in MP4 files (Note: Limited Player compatibility)
* VOBSUB subtitle now supported in MP4 files (Note: Limited Player compatibility)
* Updated Presets for newer devices and better quality
* AC3 encoding support.
* Many Bug Fixes and other small improvements
* Improved DVD Main Feature detection (when using dvdnav)
* Universal audio downmix support (all audio types can be downmixed)
* Point*to*Point encoding (second or frame start and end times)
* Peak framerate option (Capped VFR)
* Updated x264 Advanced Panel
* Video Quality Slider drops % value and only shows RF for x264
* Batch Scan (Scan Multiple files at once. N.B: Does not include multiple VIDEO_TS folders / Image files)
* Many Bug fixes
* Many Tweaks to improve usability.
* Ability to edit queue jobs
* New Audio Panel supporting >4 Audio Tracks
* VLC detection in /Applications and ~/Applications
* Multiple instance support
* Encode Status in GUI. (CLI window is now always hidden)
* Improved Auto-Naming for Destination file name.
* Drag / Drop Video onto Main Window to scan.
* Multiple instance support (run multiple copies of ghb at once)
* Many Bug fixes and UI improvements.
* Power PC (PPC) is no longer officially supported. Given limited resources and time, it simply isn’t feasible for this project to support minority platforms. For those of you still using older hardware, we recommend you stick with 0.9.4.